This workshop is for anyone who wants to be guided through Lightroom and all it’s capabilities.
It is ideal for hobbyists and professionals alike and will help improve your image workflow and organisation, develop your editing skills and get your images out there.
How long is this workshop?
9.30am – 5.00pm (including 30 minute lunch break and 15 min morning and afternoon tea break)
- The workshop begins with an overview of Adobe Lightroom. We briefly discuss concept of using lightroom to import, organize, edit and output your images for print, web slideshow or book.
- Using a systematic approach we will explore Lightroom’s modules, using your own images to enhance your learning experience.
- We will briefly discuss RAW vs JPG and camera settings that will optimise your images at import.
- We will learn how to use Lighroom to manage our entire catalogue of images, how to attach metadata and settings to your images at the same time as importing and backing up your files.
- We will explore the library module with a view to organizing images and streamlining workflow. Learn how to use filters to find images based on text, attributes and metadata and how to perform basic image editing of multiple images concurrently.
- Without doubt the heart of Lightroom, the develop module enables manipulation of images using both global and local corrective tools. Learn the power of history states and collections. Learn a workflow that will increase your efficiencies and effectiveness with every aspect of photo manipulation, from basic photo correction to complex creative expression.
- Learn how to export your images for any application with protection and sharpening configured for your intent – including facebook uploads
- Discover the power of geo-tagging your images
- Create your own publications in this module that allows you to export your images for printing with online or local service providers
- Create, configure and export your own professional slideshow. Use it as a tool to share your work with friends or display to clients.
- Output your images for printing locally or with a provider. Learn how to nest images and produce packages with watermarks to protect your images. We will briefly discus colour management.
- Create a stylish and professional website of your images and upload them to the World Wide Web
- Conclude the day with a demonstration of Lightroom 4 workflow from inport to output.
- $300 for 7 hours professional tuition
Next available workshop
- see booking page