This workshop is for anyone who wants to learn more about the features of their DSLR camera and unlock the power of shooting in manual mode
Increase your photography knowledge and develop your image workflow with some basic lightroom techniques
How long is this workshop?
9.30am – 5 (including 30 minute lunch break and 15 min morning and afternoon tea break)
Introduction to digital photography
- A brief introduction to digital cameras and equipment.
- We will briefly discuss RAW vs. JPG and camera settings that will optimise your images at capture and a potential workflow you may wish to adopt
Taking control of your camera – The Basics
- We will learn individually about ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture and combine the manipulation of these elements to determine the amount of light interacting with our camera.
- We will explore your image's histogram and discuss accurate and creative exposure techniques.
- Learning conventional and creative compositional rules will allow us to optimise the interpretation of our subject matter and make our images more appealing to others.
- Practical experience – this is an opportunity to implement our theoretical knowledge of your cameras manual settings in the field. A guided photo-shoot.
- Using the images taken during our photo-shoot, we will use Adobe Lightroom to import our images and organise them for viewing including the use of metadata
Taking control of your camera – Getting Creative
- We will discuss the use and application for various lenses and talk about specific genres of photography such as, low light, macro, landscape and portraiture.
- Practical experience – this is an opportunity to implement your theoretical knowledge of the practical application for lens selection and various genres of photography. A guided photo-shoot
- We will reinforce our understanding of digital workflow by using Adobe Lightroom to import and organise our images. We will extend our experience by applying some labels and ratings to our photographs.
- An opportunity to see (and have others see) some of the images you have taken during the day. This will display just how much you have been able to learn in a single day.
- $275 for 7 hours professional tuition
Next available workshop
- see booking page